[mythtv-users] nuvexort not working with ffmpeg

Greg Hermsen g.hermy15 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 01:26:56 UTC 2009

I have been able to run nuvexport with transcode, but I have not been able
to nuvexport with ffmpeg.  I would like to use ffmpeg because it give more
encoding options and it seems to be the way most people run it.  I included
my responses to most prompts below and the error message I receive.

I have tried many combinations of settings.  No matter what I do, I
consistently get the error, "unrecognized option '-title'".  Does anybody
have any suggestions to get nuvexport to work with ffmpeg?

   Distributor ID: Ubuntu
   Release: 9.04
   Codename: jaunty

Thanks,
Greg
******** Nuvexport session below **********
Where would you like to export the files to? [.] /home/mythtv/iPod
Enable Myth cutlist? [Yes] y
Enable noise reduction (slower, but better results)? [No] n
Enable deinterlacing? [Yes] n
Crop broadcast overscan border (0-5%) ? [1.5] 0
Audio bitrate? [64]
Enable iPod compatibility? [Yes] y
Using the mpeg4 codec (h.264 mp4/ipod encoding requires the svn version of
ffmpeg.)
Variable bitrate video? [Yes]
Multi-pass (slower, but better quality)? [Yes] n
VBR quality/quantisation (1-31)? 10
Video bitrate? [384]
Default resolution based on requested dimensions.
Width? [320]
Height? [240]
Now encoding:  iCarly:  iDon't Want to Fight
Encode started:  Wed Sep  9 20:02:47 2009
Waiting for mythtranscode to set up the fifos.
Starting ffmpeg.
processed:  0 of -11363 frames at 0 fps (~%, eta: unknown)
ffmpeg had critical errors:
ffmpeg: unrecognized option '-title'
Cleaning up temp files.
Cleaning up child processes.