[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 12:14:31 UTC 2009

> I am still unable to generate the channels within MythTV, although I am able
> to run the tv_grab_uk_rt utility, but when I copy the resultant file into
> .mythtv/mollcons.xmltv, I still cannot see the channels in setup.

xmltv will not generate the channels for you.  The channels have to
already exist in the mythtv database.   xmltv adds programme
information associated with channel based on a matching xmltvid.

As far as I know the only way to create the channels is using the
mythtv dvb scanner, so I think you need to concentrate on getting that
working.  If you've had a few false starts it's probably worth
deleting any existing channel information and starting again.

You mentioned tzap failed to run.  Maybe there's some clue there?

It sounds to me like you have xmltv working, and in any case,
providing you've enabled EIT data (Passive scan) on the backend you
don't need to worry about xmltv initially,  you'll get guide data
automaticaly.  Once you get that working you can think about replacing
the EIT data with the somewhat better Radio Times data, and hiding the
unavailable channels  etc etc..

Good Luck