[mythtv-users] change channel script and irsend errors on FC11

James Neff neffland at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 22:59:07 UTC 2009

On Tue, Sep 8, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 September 2009 16:10:35 James Neff wrote:
>

> > I am just testing as root for now.
>
> I'd think you would want to test with as close to the operating parameters
> as
> you can. Running as root is probably not the best way to test.

Your right, but I tried under my mythtv user and got the same results.  I
will work from that user for now on.

> > if i put full path to irsend in my channel change script it changes from
> > mythfrontend now, usually.  Occasionally my DirecTv STB will not receive
> > the last digit in the channel  but it's probably a timing issues that I
> can
> > adjust later.
> >
> > New problem is I loose audio after changing channels.  Once out of 15 or
> so
> > changes it came back but subsequent changes lost audio again.
> >
> > Any clues?
>
> Is this only when you change channels with the blaster? What happens if you
> use the receiver's remote?
>
> I'd check if you are losing audio from the receiver, or just with Myth.

I don't think it's the remote.  If I set the remote down and use the up and
down arrows the channels change but I usually loose audio after the change.

> What are you capturing to Myth with? There was always that "tinny audio"
> problem when using a PVR that happened sometimes, not sure if that has been
> fixed or not.
>
> You're saying you *always* lose audio, and only sometimes get it back?

Right, always loose, but once out of 15 it did come back.  Changed channel
again and lost it for another few channel changes and couldn't get it back.

> What's your audio setup?

Onboard motherboard AC'97.  Going through the instructions at
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Module-intel8x0 right
now.  Maybe it's an audio driver issue?  I'll let you know if it fixes after
I build it.  I don't see the line :

 alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0"

in my dist.conf under /etc/modprobe.d/

So I'm guessing it isn't using it?  I'm new to alsa, and not great with
Linux to begin with so I'm not sure.  Figured I could build and insert that
command myself to be sure.

Is it possible the IR is hitting an audio receiver or
> something and muting it?

I don't think so.  I can change volume and mute works just fine from my
Hauppauge receiver.  No line of sight to DirecTv, STB.  Plus changing
channels from keyboard produces same result.

Thanks in advance,
Jim