[mythtv-users] OT: How do i install djmount in Ubuntu

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Sep 8 20:09:53 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 08 September 2009 13:56:45 Mark Boyum wrote:
> > I tried mounting PlayOn, it seemed to work, I see the server, but no
> > files under it except the status file.
> >
> > Do you see files with a standard ls?
> >
> > Did you use the playlist option?
>
> I do see the files with a standard ls.
>
> An ls of my mount point returns this:
> Amazon VOD (Beta)  CBS  CNN  ESPN  Hulu  Netflix  PlayOn Channel  YouTube

Odd, why would it list PLayOn along with services that should be one directory
under that (they are PlayOn services)?

> I am able to drill down into Neflix and launch files with Totem just
> fine.  MythVideo hasn't shown me the love as of yet.  Still working on
> that one.  But the basic upnp to filesystem via djmount seems to work
> well with PlayOn.

I don't get anythign under the PlayOn listing.

I've been trying with a Lenny system, guess I'll see if an Ubuntu system
behaves differently.

> Unfortunately I do not know what the playlist option is?  I don't see
> any reference to it in the PlayOn server.  Is this a djmount option?

Yep:

# -o playlists
to render all Audio or Video files as playlists (.m3u or .ram), which contains
an URL for the file. In this mode, only the address of the file is exported
through djmount ; the actual content is streamed through HTTP when the
playlist is accessed by your favorite media player. This mode was the only
mode possible for djmount before version 0.50.

--
Brian Wood
beww at beww.org