[mythtv-users] mythtv 0.22 problems with mythtv-setup

Jan Burgmeier jan at jb-eng.de
Tue Sep 8 17:55:44 UTC 2009

Am Dienstag, den 08.09.2009, 13:20 -0400 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
> On 09/08/2009 09:56 AM, Jan Burgmeier wrote:
> > i tried to install mythtv 0.22 on my Gentoo box. I tried svn revision
> > 20959 and 21710. It compiles and install fines but if I try to change
> > anything in mythtv-setup my mythconverg MySQL database will be currupted.
> > I tried to change the TimeOffset to AUTO and now my settings table looks
> > like this:
> >
> > INSERT INTO `settings` (`value`, `data`, `hostname`) VALUES
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', NULL),
> > ('TimeOffset', 'Auto', '0'),
> > .
> > .
> > .
> > ('MythFillFixProgramIDsHasRunOnce', '1', '0');
> >

> Looks like your database settings are broken--I'm nearly positive your
> system's hostname is /not/ '0'.  :)
>
> > I don't know if this is a failure in my MySQL Server or in the
> > mythtv-setup. I hope you can help me.
> >
> > PS: MySQL Server is: 5.0.84-log and UTF-8 is choosen as the default
> > encoding.
>
> Just because you mentioned Gentoo, did your database upgrade proceed
> properly?  Did you have any corruption issues?  Did you follow
> instructions at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore ,
> if necessary?
>
> If you had any problems, these may be the true source of the issue.

I didn't follow this guid I droped the whole mythconverg database and
recreated it with the my.pl script. Then I ran mythtv-setup which
creates all tables in mythconverg. But if I try to change some settings
through mythtv-setup it overrides the whole table with garbage as shown
above. The settings table is within the mythconverg database and has
nothing to do with settings of the mysql server.

Jan