[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 10:39:55 UTC 2009

> [|] When I run that in mythtv-setup, although the graphs show strong signal,
> noise, etc, the background log shows for each channel, "Timeout Scanning --
> no signal" "Timeout Scanning offset 1 -- no signal" and "Timeout scanning
> offset 2 -- no signal".

DVB scanning was always a bit of a black art as far as I was concerned.

I found I had to manually enter some of the parameters for one channel
on each multiplex before it would successfuly scan, but that's going
back quite a while.  The mythtv scanner has changed quite a lot I
believe - certainly rescanning always seems to work OK.

I found the settings using tzap which came inside a dvbtest package.

I see that Nick has offered to give your dtv_multiplex settings the
once over, which would be worth doing.

It's probably worth looking up which transmitter you're on so you know
which channels you're expecting to find on which multiplex.

(BTW I just realised I've been replying to you off list.  Sorry about
that - I was blindly hiting the reply button.)