[mythtv-users] POLL *** How many people on the list are running UK combined Freeview and Freesat setups?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 23:34:09 UTC 2009

On 06/09/2009, Mark Parsons <mythtv.org at thesanitarium.org.uk> wrote:

>  I'm not sure how the system chooses to schedule recordings across the two
> devices, and it is frustrating when you're e.g. viewing a program on

The scheduler will choose to record from the best input, per the
details in the MythTV docs. In order for the scheduler be able to
choose the best input to record a particular channel from, if a
channel is available on both FreeView and Freesat (like BBC1 or ITV1),
is to ensure that each similar channel has the same callsign setting
in the database.

> Freeview and you bring up the program guide, you seem to only be able to
> scroll through the channels available on that tuner device; you have to exit
> to the main menu and look at the full guide there, or alternatively use the
> "change source" key (defaults to Y I believe?).

The OSD browser currently restricts browsing to those channels
available on the current input, but the LiveTV EPG includes all
channels on the system. You shouldn't have to exit LiveTV in order to
see the full EPG.

>  I haven't set up XMLTV yet - I've left it using the OTA details, which
> works well enough for the time being - as I have lingering mental scars from
> the pain of setting up the XMLTV feeds last time (getting the channels,
> finding the right XMLTV source ids, making sure that I didn't create ghost
> duplicate channels, etc. *shudder* ) but I may get around to it eventually.

That "issue" should be resolved (or at least made substantially
easier) soon - it won't make the next release of MythTV but will
hopefully see light of day in 0.23.

Cheers,
Nick

--