[mythtv-users] Idea for Jamu

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Sep 6 20:15:48 UTC 2009

David Herman wrote:
> One of the biggest issues I have with Mythvideo (and HDPVR based
> content) is that I need to run mythcommflag for every file I store in
> mythvideo.
> It would be great to have jamu do mythcommflag for any new files it
> detects...
That is a horrible idea.  Content with commercials should never be
inserted into MythVideo, such that they would need to be commercial
flagged.  You just happen to be in a small minority of users wanting to
export content to MythVideo, incapable of performing lossless clipping
within mythtranscode, and unwilling to find another program capable of
doing so.  Better options would be...

1.  Find a program capable of doing these cuts.  This link
(http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1115556) gives a
couple programs that should work.  I've heard mixed opinions on whether
avidemux is capable of handling
2.  Use tickets #6158 or #6680 instead of manually copying these
recordings over.  Update them to pull the existing commflag.  No sense
running a task that may take an hour or more to do when it has already
been done.
3.  Patch the existing mythtranscode so it can do clipping of h264.