[mythtv-users] POLL *** How many people on the list are running UK combined Freeview and Freesat setups?

Another Sillyname anothersname at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 6 13:06:02 UTC 2009

I think there's only about a dozen of us but I'd be interested to see
if it's more and what set-ups people are running.

I run 2 backends (one for DVB-T with 4 physical tuners so 8 virtual
tuners using multirec and one for DVB-S2 with 2 tuners) and 8 assorted
frontends (laptops to HTPC dedicated systems), I've also got a multi
TB Media server that's built up a pretty extensive library of stuff
over the last 3-4 years (all transcoded, advert and DOG's removed).
The most I've ever seen recording at the same time was 6 DVB-T and 2
DVB-S channels (one of which was BBC HD) without poblems.

I'm still running .21 fixes but am currently looking at .22 trunk as
they have now incorporated the ITV HD fix, I'll need to see if I can
pick up a spare DVB-S2 (hauppauge) card to run some tests and a dev
system.

I'm keen to try to get hold of a DVB-T2 card as I have line of site to
the Crystal Palace transmitters and would love to get access to the
test feeds (I realise the code isn't out there yet to support it
though).

The backends are Q6600's and the frontends are T2300 htpc systems
(Advent X22) with Infra Red and TOSLINK out.

The family now couldn't imagine going back to 'normal' TV, they watch
what they want, when they want it without adverts and schedule all
their recordings through mythweb. My eldest now regularly has 8-10
mates come round for 'movies' nights as they can't believe the library
of stuff that's available.

Between us I suspect we probably have a good pool of experience about
best methodology and problem solving.

Anyone else?