[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 09:57:00 UTC 2009

2009/9/5 Chris Jones <chris at mollingtonconsultants.com>:
> As I have had no response yet to this question, I am re-submitting it in the
> hope that someone on the list can provide some help to resolve these
> outstanding issues...

This looks to be your error.

2009-09-02 23:05:30.233 GuideGrid:
                       You don't have any channels defined in the database.
                       Guide grid will have nothing to show you.

Maybe while stuggling with your programme guide you've deleted your
channel definitions?

channels again.  Exactly how you do this will depend on your TV
capture card type (dvb, analog etc. ..).

As Nick said, then make sure that the xmltvid entered for each channel
matches the one in the XMLTV config file.  You can start off by doing
a single channel, just to see it working.  If you're using XMLTV then
you should disable the "Use EIT" setting for each channel with an
xmltvid.

Of course, if you're using a DVB capture card then you can enable EIT
for all channels, and leave the xmltvid blank, and get your programme
listings from the DVB broadcast.  The tv_grab_uk_rt data is better
though.  I have all the main channels set to use XMLTV but the dross I
leave on EIT.  UK DVB radio station listings are not currently
available from the Radio Times grabber, so I use EIT for those.

Hope this Helps.