[mythtv-users] Changing default value of Pg Dn/Up

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 01:37:04 UTC 2009

> I was referring to this part of your email:
>
> Then edit the playback group to have it skip forward and back the amount
> you want.
>
> I won't have access to my box until late tomorrow (Sunday)/ possibly
> Monday. So I just want to have an idea of what I should be looking to do
> to say set right/left to move 30s in the relevant direction.

OK sorry, I thought you were talking about the key binding editor when
you said "FE editing". The playback group settings will have clearly
labeled spots for skip ahead, skip back, and jump amount. The skip
ahead and skip back are bound to the right and left keys by default,
and the skip times will be whatever you set them to in the playback
group. The jump amount is what is bound to pageup and pagedown by
default. It will make sense when you see it. I think your only problem
is that you need to fix your .lircrc so that your buttons are mapped
the the "Right" and "Left" keys.