[mythtv-users] Bad PVR-350--how to test?

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sun Sep 6 00:00:34 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-05 at 15:18 -0700, steve wrote:

> So here's the deal:  Stuff I have recorded on MythTV will play fine when I
> have the xorg.conf configured to play back through the built in VGA card.
> But when I have it configured to use the PVR-350 as the playback device

Oops, never having had one, I forgot that the PVR-350 has a decoder as
well as an encoder. The "cat" test only tests the encoder, of course. If
it passes that test, you should be able to record with it.

I don't know any way to test the decoder other than trying to play a
file using it. I suppose it is conceivable for the decoder half to fail
while the encoder half still works.

--Greg