[mythtv-users] Jamu questions

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 20:01:20 UTC 2009

On Sat, Sep 5, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Ian Forde<ian at duckland.org> wrote:

>        import xml.etree.cElementTree as ElementTree
>
> to:
>
>        import cElementTree

This is likely to cause breakage.  I'll let Doug Vaughan comment
further as to what that is likely to break.

> The next problem was ensuring that MySQL-python was installed.  (Because
> myth installs Jamu by default, MySQL-python and python-elementtree
> should be listed as dependencies, no?)

No.  Jamu is shipped w/ myth, but is not a required part of myth.
Just like the other similar "contrib type" scripts shipped w/
MythVideo, (and there are several), deps for Jamu are not deps for
Myth.  Since Myth does not use Jamu, Jamu deps are an entity unto
themselves.

> Anyhoo.  Created a test config file according to the wiki and included
> docs, and ran straight into:
>
>        CRITICAL - Backend has version 48 and we speak version 38

You do not have trunk python bindings installed.

Robert