[mythtv-users] UPnp on PS3 cannot see mythbackend media

R. Kannan rkannan at peoplepc.com
Sat Sep 5 16:51:48 UTC 2009

Sorry. I did not say that my router is sending broadcast packets outside.

The http administrative interface to my router has an option to enable/disable UPnP.
I had presumed that this is something to do with external traffic. Does this enable UPnP
within inside devices?

For a brief period, I found my mythbox listed in the PS3 as a media server, I cannot get
that back now,  I am not sure under what condition it appears there.

I should note that both the PS3 and the mythbox are connected through Wireless-G.
I am not sure if the lack of bandwidth is the reason for this flaky behavior.