[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 9.04 + Nvidia 180 .deb + TuxOnIce PPA?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 14:40:55 UTC 2009

Background: I am in the process of migrating from FC6 + MythTV 0.20.2
to MythBuntu 9.04 (w/ MythTV 0.21) on a system with an Nvidia display
adapter.  With FC6, I had to depend on Matthias Hensler + Axel Thimm
to build tailored packages on ATrpms to support Fedora + Nvidia + TOI.
 (I was never able to wrap my head around the process to do it myself
-- no time.)

As part of the MythBuntu 9.04 installation, I can include the Nvidia
180 package to support MythTV on my display adapter, but it is unclear
to me whether the TOI PPA can be added to the mix (as a post-install
package addition) or if I need to have a custom TOI build made to
support *both* the Nvidia blob driver and TOI.  Can anyone enlighten
me?

TIA,
Craig.