[mythtv-users] upnp playback on PS3 - audio track selection and subtitles

Mikael Carlsson mika at trantor.se
Sat Sep 5 09:15:53 UTC 2009

Hi,

greg skrev:
> Question? All your recording's play,and you get audio? I have been
> trying to get my PS3 to work,but i get no audio...
> I did find a media server called Python Media server,that work's pretty
> good if you don't mind installing Java..It works quite well and you can
> even stream ripped DVD's with no studder..
> If you did get myth recordings  playing with out trancording  could you
> fill me in on the details?
> Greg

I have about 300 recordings and I got it working this week so I have
only tried a couple, like 10 recording. Movies from Canal+, HDTV
material from SVT, cartoons and some other things, but the sound has
been OK.

The only things I did was.

- Introduce a path in "VideoStartupDir"
- Add upnp in verbose command line option
- Add a route for my internal nic (route add -net 239.0.0.0/8 eth4)

Please note that I only use DVB recordings (anysee E30C), I have no
PVR-150 card (or similar) or any software encoding cars. So, I guess
that must of my recordings are very similar, except from SVT HD.

My versions are :
- PS3 runs firmware 3.0 (I think, I have a slim and the latest firmware)
- Gentoo linux kernel linux-2.6.27-gentoo-r7
- Mythtv:
Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877  USE="aac alsa dvb mmx perl
python (-altivec) -autostart -debug -directv -dvd -fftw* -ieee1394 -jack
-lcd -lirc -o                                                 pengl
-xvmc" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia -via" 0 kB

Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB

>>> Verifying ebuild manifests

>>> Emerging (1 of 1) media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877
  * checking ebuild checksums ;-) ...

          [ ok ]
  * checking auxfile checksums ;-) ...

          [ ok ]
  * checking miscfile checksums ;-) ...

          [ ok ]
  * This profile has not been tested thoroughly and is not considered to be
  * a supported server profile at this time.  For a supported server
  * profile, please check the Hardened project (http://hardened.gentoo.org).

  * This profile is merely a convenience for people who require a more
  * minimal profile, yet are unable to use hardened due to restrictions in
  * the software being used on the server. This profile should also be used
  * if you require GCC 4.1 or Glibc 2.4 support. If you don't know if this
  * applies to you, then it doesn't and you should probably be using
  * Hardened, instead.

  * This ebuild now uses a heavily stripped down version of your CFLAGS
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking mythtv-0.21_p20877.zip to
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877/work
>>> Source unpacked in /var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877/work
>>> Preparing source in
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877/work/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv

  * Applying mythtv-0.21-ldconfig-sanxbox-fix.patch ...

           [ ok ]
>>> Source prepared.
>>> Configuring source in
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877/work/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv

  * Running ./configure --prefix=/usr
  *              --mandir=/usr/share/man
  *              --libdir-name=lib64 --enable-libfaad --disable-altivec
--disable-audio-jack --disable-xvmc-vld --enable-glx-procaddrarb
  *              --enable-dvb
  *              --disable-firewire
  *              --disable-lirc
  *              --disable-audio-arts
  *              --disable-directfb
  *              --dvb-path=/usr/include
  *              --enable-opengl-vsync
  *              --enable-xrandr
  *              --enable-xv
  *              --enable-x11 --enable-mmx --with-bindings=perl,python
--compile-type=profile --cpu=k8 --disable-distcc --disable-ccache
# Basic Settings
Compile type              profile
Compiler cache            no
DistCC                    no
install prefix            /usr
runtime prefix            /usr
CPU                       x86_64 (k8)
big-endian                no
MMX enabled               yes
CMOV enabled              yes
CMOV is fast              yes

# Input Support
Joystick menu             yes
lirc support              no
Video4Linux sup.          yes
ivtv support              yes
FireWire support          no
DVB support               yes [/usr/include]
DBox2 support             yes
HDHomeRun support         yes
IPTV support              yes

# Sound Output Support
PulseAudio support        no
OSS support               yes
ALSA support              yes
aRts support              no
JACK support              no
libfftw3 support          no

# Video Output Support
x11 support               yes
xrandr support            yes
xv support                yes
XvMC support              no
XvMC VLD support          no
XvMC pro support          no
XvMC OpenGL sup.          no
XvMC libs                 -lXvMCW
OpenGL video              no
OpenGL vsync              yes
DirectFB                  no
Fribidi formatting        no

# Misc Features
multi threaded libavcodec yes
Frontend                  yes
Backend                   yes

# Bindings
bindings_perl             yes
bindings_python           yes

Creating libs/libmyth/mythconfig.h and libs/libmyth/mythconfig.mak

WARNING: When using --arch=X or --cpu=X you must include the
          output of ./configure along with any bug report.

>>> Source configured.
>>> Compiling source in
/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/mythtv-0.21_p20877/work/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv

  * Processing qmake mythtv.pro ...

If you like you could send me a recording. I cloud then try to play it.
My guess is however that it will also fail. As you can see have I not
done any tweaks on my mythtv.

   / Mikael