[mythtv-users] how do I list previously recorded shows?

Paul mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Sat Sep 5 04:03:55 UTC 2009

On 5/09/2009 11:02 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 09/04/2009 05:25 PM, Paul wrote:
>>> If that's the case, then:
>>>
>>> mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg \
>>> -e "UPDATE oldrecorded SET programid = ''; "\
>>> "UPDATE program SET programid = '';"
>>>
>>> and keep watching to see if you get new programid's in program.  Myth
>>> doesn't generate it--it only takes whatever the grabber/EIT gives
>>> it--so if you continue to get it, it's coming from your grabber.
>> What does it look like in the XML file? ie have you an example of what
>> I should scan for?
>> is it: <programid> </programid>???
>
> OK, it looks like we build a programid for xmltv data using other
> information.  It starts with MV for movies, EP for series, SP for
> sports, or SH for other shows (based on category); followed by the
> seriesid (or the hash of the title if the seriesid is empty); then, if
> neither is empty, followed by episode then season; then, if neither is
> empty, followed by partnumber and parttotal.
>
> If there's no episode or season info, the programid is erased (so normal
> dup checking rules apply).
>
> With this approach, it's impossible to have a programid without a
> seriesid, episode, and season at minimum.
>
> Your episode-num for, "The Confession," posted in an earlier response
> (<episode-num system="xmltv_ns">2.5.</episode-num>) contains the season
> and episode values 2 and 5, respectively, meaning the episode's
> programid should end in 63 (as it's a 0-based season, episode and part
> num/total in xmltv_ns episode-num and we increment it to it's
> "natural-counting" form).  Therefore, the programid value EP341898163
> for that episode, as shown in an earlier response, is correct, too.
> Looking at some other values:
>
> seriesid seems to be 3418981
>
> Thicker than Water, S2E1, is EP341898112
> Somersaulting Dogs, S2E2, is EP341898122
> In House, S2E3, is EP341898132
> Taniwha, S2E4, is EP341898142
>
> These are right.  What this doesn't explain is how, "The Cutting Edge,"
> which was S2E20 got put in your database's oldrecorded as EP341898163
> instead of EP3418981192.  Without seeing the XMLTV data from March 15,
> I'll have to guess that either it was invalid data from the listings
> provider or something messed up values in your database.
>
> The only way that Myth might be messing things up is if you're using
> /both/ XMLTV and EIT on the same channels--which is an unsupported
> configuration.  If you're not doing that, we'll always use the data
> provided by the listings provider.  On the bright side, even if the
> listings provider is breaking things, you can always just clear out any
> programid's from either oldrecorded or program when you see bad data.
>
> Mike

Thanks for this insight.. I now understand XMLTV a bit more now.. The grabber source I use
is more or less community generated so its possible someone coded the wrong Series/EP #
for this showing but it looks ok now so perhaps MythTV does update it once it has been
inserted the first time.
ie it doesn't update the Programid on the next grabbers run.

Paul