[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 9.04 CRT Monitor Detection???

Jeff junk_inbox at verizon.net
Fri Sep 4 18:24:58 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 4, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Craig Huff <huffcslists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm in the process of migrating from FC6/MythTV 0.20.2 to MythBuntu
> 9.04/MythTV 0.21.x and haven't found a way to fix this problem.  I
> have my BE connnected by VGA to an Optiquest V773 monitor.  This
> supports at least 1280x1024, but I can't figure out how to get the
> nVidia 180 driver installed in MythBuntu 9.04 to recognize the
> specific CRT and allow the higher resolution.  Is there an "extra"
> package I need to install to supply a "catalog" of known monitors and
> their capabilities?  I can get this done on FC6, so I know it is
> doable, just that I'm missing something somewhere.  Any clues
> appreciated.
>
> Craig.

Craig,

  I'm not sure if there's a package, etc, that you can install on MythBuntu
to do this, but you can definitely do it by making some changes to your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file - by adding an appropriate modeline for your
monitor.

  Because as you see, the EDID data on Analog VGA doesn't always work that
well...

J-e-f-f-A