[mythtv-users] DVB-S: lost ability to record multiple channels

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Fri Sep 4 08:26:02 UTC 2009

John Drescher schrieb:
>> Thanks, John, for any tests on your side.
>>
> I was able to record 1 show on a multiplex and watch the other on
> livetv. Remember I only have 1 digital card.
>
> Encoder 15 is local on jmd0 and is recording: 'KDKA-TV News at 11' on
> CBS-HD. This recording will end at 11:35 PM.
> Encoder 16 is local on jmd0 and is watching Live TV: 'Unknown' on
> RETRO. This recording will end at 11:30 PM.
>
> Also have 2 scheduled programs at once:
>
> Encoder 15 is local on jmd0 and is recording: 'KDKA-TV News at 11' on
> CBS-HD. This recording will end at 11:35 PM.
> Encoder 16 is local on jmd0 and is recording: '110 (RETRO)' on RETRO.
> This recording will end at 11:39 PM.

Thanks for the test, John.

To me it seems as if my system tries to use the wrong encoder.

Right now encoder 1 is recording.

When I try to watch another channel on mythfrontend I get the error:

2009-09-04 10:22:31.651 ChannelBase(2): IsTunable(DVBInput,17507)
Channel is valid, but tuner is busy on different multiplex (11 != 12)

Why not take an encoder on the second physical card, encoder 3 or 4?

Maybe something gets mixed up with the numbering of encoders, I don't
know ...

Greets, Stefan