[mythtv-users] HP MCE remote... same as MS MCE?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Sep 4 03:09:20 UTC 2009

On 09/03/2009 10:55 PM, Johnny wrote:
>> I do not care about transmitting.  I want a remote that will work with
>> myth AND allow suspend-to-ram and resume from STR.
>
> I use a slightly different HP media center remote. The receiver looks
> exactly the same though. I haven't used the blaster, but the remote
> has always worked really well using mceusb2. I haven't used while
> sleeping or waking the computer either.

If it was driven my mceusb2, its not the first-gen transceiver. Mine's
definitely the first-gen one. Entirely possible HP put the same plastic
shell around newer hardware though.

Fwiw, the HP part # on the underside of my original transceiver:

5187-2503

USB Device ID is 0x045e:0x006d

--
Jarod Wilson