[mythtv-users] Hiding recording groups from DLNA front-ends?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Sep 3 22:59:53 UTC 2009

On 2009-09-03, at 1:47 PM, Phil Linttell wrote:

> I understand that there is nothing that allows any filtering of what
> recordings are made visible to DLNA front-ends (e.g., PS3).   If I
> wanted to simply hide all recordings in a specific recording group
> from any DNLA front-ends, is there a relatively simple change I
> could make to source in trunk that would do this?  Which source file
> should I be looking in?

Take a look at

http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/browser/trunk/mythtv/programs/mythbackend/upnpcdstv.cpp

and tweak the array declared at line 39. It looks like %1 isn't always
expanded into a where clause so you couldn't simply add a recGroup !=
'whatever' after the %1.

I suppose you could replace the reference to the recorded table with a
subquery that says (select * from recorded where recGroup != 'abc'). I
think mysql wants an alias when you use subqueries.

Or you could create a view and update the array to reference that.

Or... anyway you get it.

- George