[mythtv-users] Configuring MythTV on Fedora 11

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 18:18:06 UTC 2009

On 31/08/2009, Chris Jones <chris at mollingtonconsultants.com> wrote:

<snip>

> 2009-08-31 14:52:43.686 Updating source #1 (mollcons) with grabber
> tv_grab_uk_rt
>
> 2009-08-31 14:52:43.686 No channels are configured to use grabber.

<snip>

> No channels selected in configfile
> /home/chris_jones/.mythtv/mollcons.xmltv
>
> Please run the grabber with --configure.

<snip>

> Can anyone tell me what has gone wrong above. I had already run the utility
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_uk_rt successfully.

You have probably not configured the grabber correctly from within
MythTV*. If you configured the grabber manually on the commandline,
you should copy the config file created (could be
/home/chris_jones/.xmltv./tv_grab_uk_rt.conf, but check) to
/home/chris_jones/.mythtv/mollcons.xmltv and ensure that for all of
the channels listed in the XMLTV config file, you have a channel on
that video source in the MythTV database with the corresponding XMLTV
ID associated.

* it can be a pain to do this (especially with digital channels), but
we are working on simplifying it

Cheers,
Nick

--