[mythtv-users] PS3 and Mythtv

greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Wed Sep 2 14:44:39 UTC 2009

James Orr wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org
> <mailto:beww at beww.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Tuesday 01 September 2009 20:07:27 greg wrote:
>
>     >
>     > It works fine as a gaming machine via the HDMI,so i think i have
>     those
>     > setting working..
>     > I was suprised when i fired it up and no audio..I am going to
>     try the
>     > muiti av cable and see if that works,if not i will try the
>     transcoding
>     > deal...
>
>     That would seem to eliminate a settings problem. To tell the truth
>     it never
>     occured to me someone might actually use one of those things to
>     play games,
>     what a waste of computing resources.
>

> There are different settings for video and games for some reason.  Do
> you get sound when viewing a DVD or Blu-ray?  If so, it's not a PS3
> setting and is probably something with your files.

Yes, Blu-ray works fine and gaming works fine..It did work for me last
winter..I think that maybe one of the firmware updates did something..
It's no big deal,i just wanted to stream from my backend to the tv.. I
tried the multi-av connector this Morning,but that didn't work either..I
just would hate to build an other pc for the living room..
Thanks