[mythtv-users] Virtualisation in the home network – ready for mainstream?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 13:33:18 UTC 2009

I use virtual box with no issues but as virtual machines have limited access
to the underlying hardware not sure this is the best route for tuners in a
backend.

Offtopic: As the two frontends I have are close to the same location and
could theoretically be reached by a long hdmi/dvi cable I have considered
running two frontends on one box with dual screens . But this may get
complicated by having two keyboards/remotes.

Please excuse brevity and mistakes, this email was composed on a mobile
phone.

Thanks and regards,
Richard Morton
07899750400

On Sep 2, 2009 2:25 PM, "Doug Lytle" <support at drdos.info> wrote:

Greg Woods wrote:

> > > On Wed, 2009-09-02 at 15:51 +1000, Jon Whitear wrote:
>
> >  Getting VMware workstation to work is always a struggle. I have to find

You may want to give VirutalBox a try.  I find it a pleasure.

Doug

--

Ben Franklin quote:

Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."