[mythtv-users] OT: Recommendation on Nvidia Card

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:39:26 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/9/1 Greg Hermsen <g.hermy15 at gmail.com>:
> If you have other ideas on the 8600, please let me know.

My 8600GT only has 2 DVI-I ports, no svideo/component output

> I thought of one other thing that I don't believe should cause a
> problem...but I'll throw it out there.  The svideo out on the card goes
> directly into an svideo-to-composite adapter.  I have a composite cable
> going from the other side of the adapter to the TV.  Does the 8600 need a
> direct svideo (card) to svideo (TV) connection?  I used the same
> svideo-to-compsite converter with the previous FX5200 AGP card.  That worked
> without a problem.

What you describe and if it's what I'm thinking about (the
composite/component adapter that comes with the card) isn't a svideo
converter.

Just that the 5200 use a svideo connector to output all the various
analog connection and you use the provided adapter to get
composite/svhs or component video.

This is not the type of cable you can plug to any svhs connector and
expect to get the proper output, it only work with the card using
those specific connector: typically the same video card