[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 9.04 Upgrade - Now Dependency Problems

Johnny jarpublic at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 01:49:27 UTC 2009

> The following packages have unresolvabel dependencies.  Make sure all
> required repositories are added and enabled in the preferences.
>
> mythtv:
>  Depends: mythtv-database but it is not going to be installed
>   Depends: mythtv-frontend (=0.21.0+fixes19961-0ubuntu8) but
> 0.21.0+fixes21556-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1 is to be installed
>  Depends: mythtv-backend but it is not going to be installed
>
> I get this error for any MythTv related installs.  I tested installing a few
> non-MythTV utilities and they installed OK.  It seems my problem is related
> to MythTV installs only.

It looks like you need to check your repositories and make sure you
are using the right ones. The package mythtv-frontend
0.21.0+fixes19961-0ubuntu8 is the one that is in the default Ubuntu
repositories. But the 0.21.0+fixes21556-0ubuntu0+mythbuntu1 version is
newer. So you must have some other repository setup that is trying to
install that version. Ubuntu disables all 3rd party repositories
during an upgrade. I found that some of them get automatically get
updated (aka intrepid changed to jaunty) while others are left alone.
Check your settings -> software sources and make sure the right
repositories are enabled and make sure they have been updated to
jaunty. Also while you are at it I would recommend going with the
Mythbuntu weekly builds repositories to get the most up to day
.21-fixes. It looks like that may have already been what you were
using.