[mythtv-users] Gentoo Hardened users here?

Stephen Bridges widget at stdin.co.uk
Sat Oct 31 13:06:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Are there any Gentoo users here that are running mythtv in one of the hardened
profiles?  My mythtv box is also my router/server for everything else in the
house (saving on power, noise etc), and I'm acutely conscious that while I've
made some effort to lock down the system, I could be doing more.

However the hardened profiles in Gentoo look like they can interfere with
Xorg, let alone mythtv and its deps.  Has anyone had problems with particular
pax and grsec options?

Thanks,

Widget.