[mythtv-users] How to get a clean mythtv twitter feed?

Dan dansto.well+myth at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 11:00:47 UTC 2009

Hi -

I'm using twitter and I'm trying to follow how people are getting on
with mythtv (various tweets about the 9.10 upgrade at the moment, for

But there's a big source of noise in the twitter feed: automated
twitter messages like this:

     MythTV recorded Coronation Street at 20:30 on the 30th Oct 2009
on Channel ITV1

     Finished recording My Wife and Kids (Jay Goes to School) at
2009-10-29T17:00:00. Recorded by mythtv.

     #MythTV Playing: Class of the Titans Chaos 101: Part Two

So it's difficult to follow information about mythtv because of these
automated messages pumped out by people's twitterbots.

Is there a standard script that does these messages? Could we convince
them to add a keyword (e.g. "mythnotify:") so that they can be
filtered out? I can't think of any other way of paring it down.