[mythtv-users] Upgrading Ubuntu

Nicolas Will nico at youplala.net
Sat Oct 31 10:54:46 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-10-31 at 09:42 +0000, Damian wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Could anyone tell me the best way to go about upgrading Ubuntu? I'm
> in
> no rush.

Normal upgrade procedure, either through update manager or through the
command line using a do-release-upgrade.

Nothing special.

> I usually wait a week or two then there's a distribution upgrade so
> that
> any teething problems can be ironed out.

It is released, those are out of the way.

> I have a standard Ubuntu 9.04 instillation with Mythbuntu installed
> on
> top (ie. It's not a pure Mythbuntu install).

Same difference, same thing, the mythtv packages are part of Ubuntu.

Mythbuntu really is the pre-packaged CD dedicated to the task of
installing Ubuntu, the MythTV packages and Mythbuntu artwork and tools
automatically.

> What should my upgrade procedure be to go to Ubuntu 9.10 in a couple
> of
> weeks and ensure that Mythbuntu is either still working as it is, or
> upgrades its self (if it's ready for 0.22).

You can do it now.

It will take you to .22 along with 9.10, no choice.

Nico
9.10 and .22 for a week now and very happy