[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 9.10 upgrade broke SPDIF

Robert Dyer psybers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 31 00:03:41 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I recently upgraded from Mythbuntu 9.04 to 9.10 so that I could try
out Myth 0.22.  Everything seemed to upgrade just fine except for my
SPDIF output.  This was working previously!

I have verified my settings match those from Allen's HowTo
(http://www.mythtv.org/wiki?title=AllensDigitalAudioHowto), both my
Myth settings and my ALSA settings.

Previously I had to go set the IEC958 slider to 0 and check the box
for IEC958 in alsamixer and then everything worked like a charm.

I see this new version of Ubuntu has (yet again) changed the
PulseAudio config quite a bit.  In that config, there are options to
select the hardware settings so I tried using the two that said
'Digital Output (IEC958)' and neither seemed to fix it.

I am at a bit of a loss here, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
What I have seen of 0.22 seems very nice and it upgraded and imported
all my old shows/recording schedules without a problem!

- Robert