[mythtv-users] Recommendations for a Twin DVB USB tuner (with remote IR sensor) for UK (HD?) Freeview?
gregcope at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:47:06 UTC 2009
Looking to upgrade my mythbox when Mythbuntu/0.22 is out and my Revo
3600 arrives (thx Dave!) to make a new FE/BE.
- (essential) USB (Revo has no PCI Slot) Twin DVB tuner (we
presently have two Nova-Ts)
- (important) Easy linux support
- (important) Works in low reception areas (Should I go with a
WinTV-NOVA-TD Diversity Stick as it has an internal amplifier?)
- (nice to have) Remote IR receiver
Any recommendations / things to avoid please let me know!
The remote IR receiver might be a sticker as this is normal on PCI
cards, but not on USB tuners. I could move the revo into the lounge
but not sure how the IR receiver would work behind a tv/cabinet.
Cables have a low WAF, and the remote needs to work at least as good
as the present one otherwise WAF will suffer.
I know maplin do a cheapy (£24.99) one (Dave again);
But looking at Dave's trails last year the cheapy one is not straigh
forward to setup.
Do I need to think about anything for UK HD broadcasts when they
start? I was thinking about Freesat on a USB tuner (I think I need
DVB S2?) as we have an unused Sat on the roof.
1. Not many Atom boards do and the revo is a cheap all-in-one that has
Nvidia 9400M Ion graphics for future HD
2. FE/BE is in the garage and connects to world via a hole in the wall
- the present Nova-T remote IR receiver is extended to pass through
More information about the mythtv-users