[mythtv-users] Movies versus TV Series

bit maelstrom dsblakewatson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:42:05 UTC 2009

> Or just use a "this showing" rule (and use "Find other showings of this
> title" if you're trying to work around a conflict).

Yeechang said that "title" was not specific? So would this work? This is
basically my question really: If MythTV gives me a list of movies--it knows
therefore what a movie is--then why would it record a TV show?

> Or, you could do a lot of other things with custom rules, as Yeechang
> mentioned, from his solution to specifying category type to specifying
> category to...  See all the example clauses in mythfrontend's custom
> recording editor.

I didn't mean to suggest I didn't have a workaround: What I usually do is
just say "record at any time on this channel" since the episodes and movies
air on different channels. MythTV is also smart enough to realize that if I
have a copy of the movie, it counts as an "already recorded" episode.

===Blake===