[mythtv-users] Record Oldest Episode

John Franklin forgivenbyjc at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 13:33:42 UTC 2009

I would like to watch an old series in order from first to last episode.
However, the autoexpire feature only removes oldest recording.  Is there a
means to favor older episodes over newer ones?

For example, there is a series called "Count to 5" and it has 5 episodes.
MythTV is set to record "Count to 5" with an episode limit of 3 and I have
already recorded and watched episode #1.
The TV schedule is set to broadcast in this order:
Episode 5
Episode 4
Episode 3
Episode 2
Episode 1
I would like it so MythTV records episodes 2, 3, 4.  I do not care if 5 is
recorded and then subsequently auto-expired to re-recorded later.  Any ideas
on how might be a way to make this happen?  Either power schedule, cli
tweaks, or whatever.
Thanks!
John