[mythtv-users] Recommendations for satellite card - europe

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 01:58:18 UTC 2009

2009/10/28 Richard Morton <richard.e.morton at gmail.com>:
> Hi
>
> I have been considering satellite for some time and the time maybe now. O am
> being pestered for sinta klass and christmas lists!
>
> So looking for a satellite card for freesat in the uk and possibly other sat
> signals (otherhalf is dutch).
>
> Would prefer single dual tuner card but can't find one. Prefer ones that
> will do dvb-s and s2.

They are gradually starting to appear, the following is already listed
on the LinuxTV wik (note that I do not have any experience of it and
am merely a messenger):

http://www.netup.tv/en-EN/dual_dvb-s2-ci_card.php

With the rollout of Freeview HD supposedly starting in December 2009,
I'm looking forward to DVB-T2 cards/dongles becoming available and
supported*. I'm using a regular PCI DVB-S card (Hauppuage Nova-S Plus)
for Freesat at the moment, but have just acquired another dish which I
intend to test with 19.2 once I get it mounted. I'm really hoping my
current cards last until FTA services start using DVB-S2 and DVB-T2
and there is enough content to warrant the upgrade :)

Cheers,
Nick

* particularly to the release of well supported dual tuner DVB-T/T2
and DVB-S/S2 PCIe cards.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: