[mythtv-users] "Hybrid SLI"? Would it help Myth?

Russ Van Winkle russ.vanwinkle at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 00:30:24 UTC 2009

> Doers anyone know anything pertinent about this "Hybrid SLI" or should I just
> ignore it and use this as a standard motherboard?

While SLI between discrete video cards is supposed to work in Linux,
from what I've been able to determine, Hybrid SLI is Windows-only -
and Vista or later at that.  The Wikipedia page for SLI, in the Hybrid
SLI section, states "Current Linux support of this feature is not
complete but relevant information can be found in the Linux Hybrid
Graphics page" - and then links to a page that has been deleted.

If this were my system, I'd try the onboard graphics first, then
perhaps upgrade using the PCIe slot.  The GT220 chipset discussed
recently might be the ticket.

--
Russ D. Van Winkle