[mythtv-users] More Questions about JAMU

Nasa nasa01 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 29 00:09:00 UTC 2009

Been playing around with JAMU and have some questions I hope can be addressed:

1. When you run jamu in maintenance mode does it update the genre on the different video files?  If I read the wiki right, it should...  However,

1a. Given jamu does this for vidoes that don't have any genre list, how does it handle videos that have an incomplete list of genre?

2. The wiki says to run the mass update without editing the genre list from themoviedb -- if that includes genre like "indie" which you don't want, should jamu remove it from films that have it listed as such?

3. I have a whole bunch of cartoons...  Some are correctly ID'd as animations, while some (in the same series) are not.  How do I fix this? (Same type of question for BSG -- none of them are listed as Sci-fi)

4. I configured Storage Groups to match the directories I was previously using, including Fanart, Banners, and the such.  Running jamu with the move feature *moved* the video files to the appropriate paths, but left most of the fanart, banners, etc alone.  This hasn't been a problem -- but it didn't seem consistent (some of the artwork has *moved* to the appropriate path).

Ok, don't want to push my luck...

BTW: the script is a God send, and I do appreciate it!

Nasa