[mythtv-users] channel mapping with hdhomerun

Michael Drons mdrons at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 28 19:51:47 UTC 2009

I just purchased a HDHR and I am having a difficult time mapping the channels so

that guide data appears.

I need the HDHR for the digital channels that the PVR500 cant get anymore.  For
Example USA.  It was channel 35.  It now shows up as 78.12  (which is channel 78
program 12).

Comcast is not broadcasting the info, here is what a scan looks like form the
hdhr tool.

SCANNING: 549000000 (us-irc:78, us-cable:78)
LOCK: qam256 (ss=100 snq=100 seq=100)
TSID: 0x825E
PROGRAM 2: 0
PROGRAM 3: 0
PROGRAM 4: 0
PROGRAM 5: 0
PROGRAM 6: 0
PROGRAM 7: 0
PROGRAM 8: 0
PROGRAM 9: 0
PROGRAM 10: 0
PROGRAM 11: 0
PROGRAM 12: 0  <--- here it is

My confusion is what is this channel suppose to look like in mythtv?

In schedule direct, I need to select Comcast Digital since the OTA selection does not include the HD channels that are also available (like ABC, NBC, CBS, etc)

So schedule direct has USA at channel 35, is that what I configure in mythtv when I edit the channel?

What fields in the screen need to match?  Just the channel number or also the channel name?

Thanks, Mike