[mythtv-users] Does video card brand matter? VDPAU

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Oct 28 05:27:55 UTC 2009

I went out today a bought what I thought was a Gigabyte 9500GT 1Gb  card but
it turned out to be a 9400GT instead (the box said 9500GT!). The supplier
does not have any more Gigabyte cards but has ECS and Inno3d versions of the
same card so I was wondering if the brand makes any difference. My only real
³requirement² is an HDMI output and I would be satisfied with either 512mb
or 1GB. I have read that some brands, like Gainward have issues with VDPAU
so want to make sure that what I get is compatible with everything else.

If push comes to shove though, I do have a 512MB ASUS 8600GT in my OSX86
desktop that I could pilfer if need be, replacing it with something Mac
compatible.....

Any advice appreciated, my planned rebuild of my 3 Myth machines tonight has
gone south due to the incorrect package contents :(

Cheers
Bruce