[mythtv-users] Questions on fanart in the recordings screen.

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 19:27:18 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Robin Gilks <g8ecj at gilks.org> wrote:

>> That's why the SeriesID option exists.  Every series should have a
>> seriesID in the listings data, thus the seriesid.png should load as a
>> final fallback.
>
> That's a bit of a rash statement isn't it? What country are you in? Does
> your listing provider have data for the whole world?

We've already done the "randomly affronted user because they feel
their country/listings provider/whatever has been marginalized" this
week, take some deep breaths.  Many listings sources provide SeriesID,
not just my own.  It's part of the XMLtv spec.  If you don't get
seriesID, lucky for you, you can use the title.  If you can't use
either, then for that one particular show you will go without artwork.
 Such is life.

Robert