[mythtv-users] Hardware recommendation for mythtv?

Christian CvB at kruemel.org
Tue Oct 27 13:03:51 UTC 2009

I'm currently planning to replace my DVB-S receiver with a mythtv box, and
would be glad if anybody had a few comments on my plans.

In terms of hardware, I am looking to get a Zotac ION MiniITX A-E Atom 330
DualCore, with 2 GB RAM (sufficient?), 500 GB HDD and a Blueray slim drive
(currently looking at an LG CT10N).

For DVB-S, I am looking at a Terratec S2 DVB-S2 USB 2.0 box, which is
supposed to be able to receive HDTV as well. It appears to come with Linux
drivers, but I don't think I was able to find any user comments on whether
or not it works.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Thanks, Christian