[mythtv-users] Mouse friendly myth?

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Tue Oct 27 11:17:11 UTC 2009

On 26-Oct-2009, at 12:44, Nick Rout wrote:
> its a design choice, mouse not needed, keyboard driven so that lirc
> works.

There is a huge difference between "mouse not needed" and "Why the
hell would you ever want to use a mouse? Let's make is IMPOSSIBLE,
Bwahahaha."

The very last thing that I want on the couch when I am watching TV is
a keyboard. I don't even like to have a remote with more than 4 or 5
buttons. I watch TV/Movies in a completely dark room. Messing about
with multiple buttons is a pain. Having a lit keyboard means the room
is not dark. A (wireless) two-button mouse with a scroll wheel is just
about the perfect device for controlling video.

VLC is completely manageable via a mouse (even to the point of a
context sensitive scroll wheel action that controls the volume
everywhere on screen except over the scrubber, where it controls the
playhead position). So this is not a 'it's not possible' decision.
There's no reason to make the mouse useless other than a desire to
inflict one's preferences on everyone else, "You SHOULDN'T use the
mouse so we will make it so you CAN'T."

--
I AM NOT A DENTIST
	Bart chalkboard Ep. 7F24