[mythtv-users] Myth not autoexpiring since upgrade to 0.22RC1

Duncan Brown mythtv at duncb.co.uk
Mon Oct 26 08:25:48 UTC 2009

Hi guys

Thought the upgrade to 0.22 had gone fairly smoothly until last night
when my recordings disk completely filled up. It is a upgrade from
0.21-fixes, done using the backup script upgrade method in the wiki (i.e
clean database then --partial restore from backup)

I only have one storage group defined - 'default'

All recordings bar a few are set to autoexpire, yet the Autoexpire list
on the Information > System status is empty

I've since deleted a load of stuff manually, so there isnt any need for
anything to be expired yet, but shouldnt this list be populated anyway?

Running the backend with -v file, shows the following:

> AutoExpire: Adding Programs to 'Do Not Expire' List
> 2009-10-26 08:14:22.452     1031 @ 2009-10-26T07:56:00 in use by
> recorder on gobbla
> 2009-10-26 08:14:22.486 AutoExpire: ExpireLiveTV(10000)
> 2009-10-26 08:14:22.519 AutoExpire: FillDBOrdered: Adding Short LiveTV
> programs in starttime order
> 2009-10-26 08:14:22.554 AutoExpire: SendDeleteMessages. Nothing to expire
Setup > TV > General is set to expire oldest first, with a 5GB free
space buffer

Any ideas?

Dunc