[mythtv-users] New theme (blue-abstract) for MythTV 0.22+ available

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Oct 26 05:38:54 UTC 2009

* On Sun Oct 18, 2009 at 10:35:54PM +0200, Robert Siebert wrote:
> I have uploaded a new version of the theme.
> Changes beside some alignment fixes are:

> - Fixed the missing tag <template>.

Robert,

There are some places where you are using window offsets that are not
valid and cause screen redraw issues.

Two examples I know of are the busy and confirmation dialog popups.

You basically define something this:

<window....
  <area>-1,-1,580,165</area>

  <shape name="...background">
     <area>-350,-277,1280,720</area>
  </shape>

  <shape...>
     <area0,0,580,165</area>
  </shape>

You can't use negative x/y offsets in an area.  The -1 values have
always had special meaning.  Some notes were added to the wiki MythUI
docs about this recently I believe.  I'm not a theming expert, but
noticed these issues during my recent MythUI work.  I tested multiple
themes before and after to do regression testing.

You need to have your base window set at -1,-1,1280,720 and then
set the background at 0,0,1280,720, then have the actual dialog part
of your popup offset at something like <area>350,277,580,165</area>.

I think the -1,-1 in the window base tells it to center the window
on-screen, but check the wiki for info from the theming expert(s).

--
Chris