[mythtv-users] OT: cheap tuner / remote combo?

Harry Orenstein holists at verizon.net
Mon Oct 26 03:44:08 UTC 2009

On Sunday 25 October 2009 23:32:50 Devin Heitmueller wrote:

<snip>

> Yup, personally I've got *plenty* of experience with that tuner.  ;-)
>
> The 950q works with MythTV.  MythTV needed to be changed to support
> analog with the 950q, and that was checked in a couple of weeks ago
> (specifically, MythTV had to be extended to support UYVY video).
>
> The remote control isn't supported under Linux though.  I just never
> got around to adding RC support to the au8522 driver, and admittedly
> it's not very high on my TODO list.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Devin

I thought that the Nero package came with a separate USB IR transceiver.  The
au8522 is the demodulator on the HVR-950Q.  Take a look at the link in my
original post.  Isn't the external box a standalone transceiver?  I don't
claim to be an expert (as I don't have this package), but it sounded to me
more like a MCE remote setup.

-- Harry O.