[mythtv-users] diskless server setup problems

Travis Tabbal travis at tabbal.net
Sun Oct 25 22:35:28 UTC 2009

I just set this up. I had the same problem, I thought perhaps it was
because I came from 9.04 server, did an upgrade to 9.10, then
installed the mythbuntu packages. I guess not. Some googling turned up
this command that seemed to work for me.

/bin/sh -c /usr/sbin/ltsp-build-client --mythbuntu
--mythbuntu-copy-user-credentials --copy-sourceslist --arch i386
--base /opt/ltsp/ --accept-unsigned-packages

I changed the arch to amd64 as all my clients are 64bit. I checked
mythbuntu-control-centre, but the options to build the client image
were not in there. I didn't need the file from the wget command.

I also had problems with the resulting image. It didn't have the NFS
overlay set up. It was using the default tmpfs. So no changes got
saved. I had to edit a config file and rebuild the initrd to get it
working properly. I also had to install a lot of the myth stuff
manually in the chroot. Not sure why it wasn't installed by default.
I've got the frontends working for some things, still need to get a
few things configured.