[mythtv-users] MythTV "feature requests" page issue

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sun Oct 25 19:50:32 UTC 2009

Craig Treleaven wrote:
>> I think the website probably needs changing. I had a feature-request
>> to submit so I read the instructions on
>> <http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/wiki/TicketHowTo>, "Feature requests
>> should go in the wiki" - linking to
>> <http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Index.php/Feature_Wishlist>. So I
>> dutifully added the feature request to that page.
>>
>> Today it's been deleted, with the note "We already have a feature request page".

> Appears you added a *new* page rather than adding to the existing page:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Feature_Wishlist
>
> I'm not a Wiki guy so I can't explain how you could create a page with the same name as the existing page.

I think the problem is they changed the URL layout of the wiki.  This
has broken a lot of old links, including just about every link to the
wiki in the email archive.  I was frustrated by this about a week ago
when I was trying to set up ALSA and every search I did came up with
links to wiki pages that no longer exist.