[mythtv-users] 0.22RC1 firewire problem

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Sun Oct 25 13:09:13 UTC 2009

Ron Garrison wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Ken Bass <kbass at kenbass.com> wrote:
>
>> The configure script is not detecting firewire properly. I'm on Fedora 11
>> x86_64.
>>
>> I had to modify the script to force firewire="yes" and libavc_5_3="yes".
>>

> I had this problem as well (Fedora 11, x86_64).  It turned out to be
> an environment problem in my case.  The script does not detect the
> firewire because the libraries aren't in the library search path.  I
> solved it (probably not the correct way to fix it) by adding
> /usr/lib64 to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  This is not a mythtv issue.
>
> Any suggestions on how to correctly add /usr/lib64 to the library
> search path are welcome.

You can put /lib64 and /usr/lib64 in the /etc/ld.so.conf and run
ldconfig to rescan.

Though I didnt try it, I was told you can also try running the configure
script as
./configure --libdir-name=lib64 without needing to mess with your
/etc/ld.so.conf.
I imagine if Redhat wanted to add those paths in there, they would have.
Mucking with the /etc/ld.so.conf can mess
up how Redhat handles 32-bit compatibility libraries, in my opinion.