[mythtv-users] Question about mythfilldatabase?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 25 12:52:35 UTC 2009

On 10/25/2009 05:35 AM, David Yoder wrote:
> Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> You'll need to update a setting in the database.  It's the setting,
>> "MythFillSuggestedRunTime" and should have a format such as
>> "2009-10-25T19:16:30".
>>
>> The best way to set it is to use the MythXML interface.  It takes
>> care of properly flushing the settings cache to ensure the backend
>> uses the value.  You can use it in a command-line script by simply
>> sending an HTTP request with wget or curl or whatever.
>>
>> wget -O result.xml
>> 'http://localhost:6544/Myth/PutSetting?HostName=&Key=MythFillSuggestedRunTime&Value=2009-10-25T19:16:30'
>>

>> Note the blank value for HostName.  It's critical that you put that
>> there.
>>
>> Sorry I forgot to mention that in the first place.
> OK, looks like I'm cooking with gas now! Thanks, btw, for your help
> pointing me in the right direction. I rewrote the grabber script in
> perl to simplify things and, quite frankly, because it looks neater
> (to me). Below is what I have done on my system. Mind you, this is
> setup for a single lineup. It's a relatively minor change in the
> scripts to be able to iterate over a list of lineups, if one needs to
> add that.
> I sincerely hope this will help anyone else who may be in my shoes.

This looks great.  If I can figure out a way (or you can) to easily
support multiple lineups/video sources, I may make a few modifications
(multiple lineups, command-line args with Getopt::Long, and rolling both
scripts into one with different behaviors triggered by arguments) and
see about putting it into contrib, as I'm sure there are several people
who would like control over when the database-filling side of the
process occurs.  (Then again, if you have any ideas and get around to it
before me, I won't complain.  :)

Thanks,
Mike