[mythtv-users] 0.22RC1 default theme problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Oct 25 05:25:45 UTC 2009

On 10/20/2009 02:39 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 10/20/2009 02:28 PM, Ken Bass wrote:
>> When I ran mythfrontend for the the very first time, it uses a new
>> default them. It does not appear I am able to select things. I am
>> using a keyboard only.
>>
>> Hitting the right/left arrow does not cause the display to change. It
>> appears stuck on the initial selection. HOWEVER, it appears the
>> cursor movements are changing the menu selection. In other words, I
>> was able to hit the right arrow, then enter to go into the Setup.
>>
>> Not sure if it is related but the mythfrontend log printed lots of
>> stuff like:
>>
>> QPainter::begin: Widget painting can only begin as a result of a
>> paintEvent
>> QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
>> QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
> We're working on this right now.  Make sure you a) are running the
> most current revision of trunk/-fixes--at /least/ r22546.  If you're
> using trunk, just restart mythfrontend and all will work.  If you're
> using -fixes, restart mythfrontend with:
>
> mythfrontend -O Theme=Terra
>
> then go into Utilities/Setup|Setup|Appearance and change the Theme.

Fixed in both 0.22-fixes and trunk.  This issue shouldn't occur,
anymore.  For users whose systems re configured to use a non-compatible
theme, mythfrontend or mythtv-setup will use a default theme.  If this
happens, you may change the theme in mythfrontend settings to a working
theme, but you'll need to restart mythfrontend to see the change take
effect.  No other theme changes require a restart (a restart is only
required if your system is set up to try to use a broken/old-version theme).

Mike