[mythtv-users] Question about mythfilldatabase?

David Yoder dyoderatucsd at gmail.com
Sat Oct 24 17:27:58 UTC 2009

David Yoder wrote:
> So I've written the scripts (all 20 lines of them) and am testing them.
> The only thing that eludes me at this moment is how now to get mythtv to
> respect the suggested grab time, since I've changed the mythfilldatabase
> Program setting to my script. Maybe it's because I'm running an older
> version of xmltv (it was already installed on my knoppmyth R5 dist.),
> but the only reference I see to it is the --list-times option in the
> tv_grab_na_dd manual, which simply reports the time to stderr. I've
> scanned through the DD data for any reference to it, and don't see it,
> but I could be wrong. Is there anything I need to do at this point?
> Thanks!
>
> --David

I've had a chance to let things run for a day or two, and it seems my
fear has been realized. My grabber script, as called by mythtv through
the mythfilldatabase Program setting, now runs every three hours. It
appears I need to find a way to pass the suggested time from my script
to myth. How does mythfilldatabase usually do this? Logs don't seem to
make any mention of it, so I'm getting kind of stuck here.

--David